Terms of Reference for the Team in Charge of Veterinary Inspection for RCVD
In the framework of the enforcement of the Law N° 56/2013 of 09/08/2013 establishing Rwanda Council of Veterinary Doctors and determining its mission, organization and functioning, especially in its articles 6, 7, 34, 46 and 47 ;
In order also to accelerate the improvement of the quality of the services offered by veterinary professionals and paraprofessionals in Rwanda, RCVD put in place a Team in charge of the implementation of this exercise.
- Main functions of the Team
The main functions of the Team will consist in the following :
- Check across the country if the veterinary professionals and para-professionals in practice are regularly registered by the Council ;
- Ensure that the veterinary professionals and para-professionals in practice are complying with rules, standards and code of ethics of the veterinary profession ;
- Take immediate measures against veterinary professionals and para-professionals in illegal practice ;
- To propose strategies aimed at improving better quality veterinary services ;
- Submit to the Executive Secretary cases encountered in the exercise of its assignments which require to be submitted to the RCVD commission in charge of discipline ;
- Report on weekly basis to the Executive Secretary and whenever necessary ;
- Any other duties assigned by Executive Secretary related to Veterinary inspection.
- Institutions / Organizations targeted by the inspection
Abattoirs, Animal feeds factories, Banks, Boards, Dairy sector (MCCs, Dairy plants, …), Federations, Insurance companies, NGOs, Organizations/Institutions, Vet pharmacies, Service providers, Supermarkets, Veterinary clinics, …