The purpose of this addendum is to make the following amendments to the vacancy announcement N° 160 / RCVD / 2022 :
1- Terms of Reference for the Accounting secretary (Secretaire/comptable)
Kigali - Kacyiru, headquarter of RCVD. Sometimes field missions in different regions of operation of RCVD.
b- Major tasks and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Accountant of RCVD, the Accounting secretary is responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks :
b.1- In terms of support to the RCVD Accountant:
- Assisting in performing financial and accounts management of RCVD ;
- Assisting in producing monthly financial statements; including expenditure for the past month and forecasts for the following month ;
- Effecting local payments through different payment modes ;
- Assisting in in proper financial documentation; including maintaining required supporting documents for income and expenses and VAT declarations;
- Assisting in funds transfers between RCVD and partners ;
b.2- In terms of support to the Customer care and logistics :
- Provide administrative support to the office of the Customer care and in charge o logistics of RCVD;
- Implementing office management system ;
b.3- In terms of support to RCVD website and social medias management:
- Manage day to day operational requirements to ensure RCVD members meet internal association and legislative expectations in terms of information technology, data collection, receipt, testing, updating and feedback on inaccuracies;
- Work hand and in with Head of Department of Research & Professional Development for received and approved requested Registration and Licensing of members ;
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing, processing and distributing information that help to make RCVD run smoothly and generated members Licensing Cards;
- Assure the daily management of RCVD website (mails, chats, complaints, ...) ; implements office management system ;
- Responsible for overseeing social media accounts for a business of RCVD.
Their duties can include creating social media posting schedules, replying to comments from subscribers and coordinating with other professionals to determine how to market a brand RCVD using social media.
b.4- Assume any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the Authority
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or in Finance ;
- Experience of at least TWO years
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
- Knowledge of cost analysis techniques;
- Planning and Organizational skills;
- Communication skills;
- Office Management Skills;
- IT skills, particularly in Financial software (SAGE PASTEL EVOLUTION) Deep understanding of financial accounts;
- Ability to analyze very large datasets in Excel using advanced formulas, pivot tables, Power Query and other modeling in order to identify trends and anomalies and to summarize for management review
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word/Windows, Excel, Outlook, Teams. Utilization of Zoom and/or other video conference applications.
- Having at least One year of experience in Account and declaration is an advantage;
- Oral and written proficiency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; Knowledge of all is an advantage;
The duration of the assignment is ONE-year renewable based on the performance and availability of the budget. It includes a probation period of six months.
Expected starting date being 16 August 2022
The Accounting secretary will report to the Accountant of RCVD for accounting matters and for the rest to the Head of department of Research & Professional development.
Following narrative reports shall be submitted : activity plan, monthly and quarterly reports.
2- Applications (both for the post of Head of department of Research & Professional development and for the post of Accounting secretary) must be addressed to the Executive Secretary of Rwanda Council of Veterinary Doctors,
not later than Friday 05 August 2022 at l0h00am, PO Box 2949 Kigali, located in Kacyiru (Kigali City), with Attention: RECRUITMENT OF RCVD STAFF.
Addendum to Rcvd vacancy announcement.pdf