RECRUITMENT OF A DRIVER
- BACKGROUND INFORMATION TO RECRUITMENT
- The Law N° 56/2013 of 09/08/2013 establishing Rwanda Council of Veterinary Doctors (RCVD) and determining its mission, organization and functioning was gazetted on 21/10/2013.
- The general mission of the Council :
RCVD is a statutory body which is mandated to ensure that its members provide quality and reliable services as far as the veterinary profession is concerned.
In context of the above and as a further step in building and developing the Council, RCVD intends to use part of its funds to recruit One Driver to improve full functioning and daily operationalization of RCVD. Females applications are also encouraged.
- TERMS OF REFERENCE
- Places of work: Is based in Kigali but can be sent to work in any district of the Country;
- Duration of the contract : a 3 months probation period and therefore open – ended contract
- Expected starting date : 15 March 2023
- Assignments :
- The driver will ensure transport of people / goods (mails, purchased goods, equipment, materials, …) in safely and efficiently manner and on timeto the assigned places ;
- Keep vehicle in good and well maintained condition in order to minimize risks of breakdowns and to keep the vehicle in good and cleaned condition for passengers
- Bring the vehicle to the garage for servicing and maintainance
- Drive the vehicle to the technical inspection as required ;
- Keep vehicle papers or documents in compliance with the law and RCVD internal procedures in order to avoid problems in case of an accident, Police check, …
- Correctly fill in the vehicle logbook or travel records ;
- Assist with the execution of small office works in order to help co-workers in executing their tasks ;
- Rwandan nationality
- Secondary school (at least 3 years)
- Hold a Rwandan Driving License Category B
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in a similar position
- Good oral communication in Kinyarwanda and English. French will be an asset
- Be between 30 – 45 years old (copy of ID)
- Proven integrity and punctuality
- Readiness to work out of Kigali
Applications from interested candidates must be addressed to the Executive Secretary of Rwanda Council of Veterinary Doctors, not later than Friday 24 February 2023 at 10h00 a.m., PO Box 2949 Kigali, located in Kacyiru (Kigali City), with Attention: RECRUITMENT OF A DRIVER.
Note that only will be selected and shortlisted applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned conditions and then will be contacted for written test and practical driving test.
Dr RUSANGANWA François Xavier
Chairperson of Rwanda Council of Veterinary Doctors